Leg Up Bursary – $1,000
LEAP is seeking Athlete and Dancer sponsors who share a common understanding about the value arts and sports contribute to the fabric of Canadian society. We seek partners that want to make a strategic investment in the future lives of our athletic and cultural heroes and icons from all parts of the country.
By sponsoring a dancer or athlete you will:
- Award the individual a $500 professional development bursary for parallel career or new career exploration
- Pay for the athlete’s or dancer’s conference registration fee
- Support the extraordinary learning, sharing and networking opportunities for an athlete or dancer at our 2-day international conference.
- Change and impact a dancer or athlete’s life as they take those crucial steps through transition.
ATHLETE OR DANCER SPONSORSHIP BENEFITS
- Participation in the selection of your sponsored athlete or dancer
- Recognition in selected e-communications regarding the conference including LEAP e-newsletters, Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin
- Link from LEAP website to your business website
- Logo recognition on printed and electronic conference programme materials
- Receive a charitable receipt for a portion of your donation
“Leaving one’s passion of sport or dance can be like losing a loved one or ending a marriage. It is a very traumatic experience, but with support and guidance this challenging period in life can be lessened. Having career transitioning support is not only helpful, but is vital. Not only does such support help an athlete or dancer, it also allows them to quickly emerge into society to be a contributing member to their community.”
Nicole Forrester — Olympian, Commonwealth Games Gold Medalist now Sports Psychologist, Educator, LEAP Advisory
“Although every dancer knows that their performance career will end long before they are ready for retirement, the intense demands and all-consuming dedication necessary for a successful dance career make planning for that day extremely difficult. The DTRC has provided essential support to me in my transition from a 22-year performance career with the National Ballet of Canada.”
Jennifer Fournier – former Principal Dancer, National Ballet of Canada, LEAP Advisory Council member